Called by critics and fans as "The Queen of Coloratura", "The Queen of Belcanto", "L'Unica" and "La Santa di Bratislava", Edita Gruberova is approaching living legend status, having debuted in Bratislava in 1967, but shooting to fame in 1976 when she played Zerbinetta in Strauss's Ariadne auf Naxos under Karl Böhm at the Vienna State Opera.
Ever since, she has had a serious claim to be the world's number one coloratura soprano. Edita Gruberova is one of the great opera icons, whose many followers go to the theatre not only to listen to her, but actually to pay tribute to her.
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Nozze di Figaro, Overture
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Nozze di Figaro, Aria of Contessa "E Susanna non vien!..."
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Don Giovanni, Overture
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Don Giovanni, Aria of Donna Anna "Crudele!... Non mi dir"
- Gioacchino Rossini, L'italiana in Algeri, Overture
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Idomeneo, Aria of Elettra "D'Oreste, D'Ajace"
- Antonín Dvořák, Carnival, Overture Concertante, Op. 92
- Eva dell'Acqua, "Villanelle"
- Franz von Suppé, Liechte Kavallerie, Overture
- Alexander Alabiev, "The Nightingale" (Slavík)
- Leonard Bernstein, Candide, Overture
- Leonard Bernstein, Candide, Aria "Glitter and Be Gay"