Night at the Cathedral
Outside of Prague, Kutná Hora is the only place to host Prague Proms festival concerts each year. It certainly deserves the honour thanks to the ideal location, where each concert, above all when featuring organ and brass, evokes a highly festive atmosphere. Residents and summer visitors to Kutná Hora also duly appreciate this evidenced by the frequently sold-out concerts held at its St Barbara’s Church. The festive surroundings are also complemented by a corresponding dramaturgy – frequently featuring church as well as Baroque music.
And this year will be no different with works by Bach, Vejvanovský, Mozart and Vivaldi written either for trumpet and organ or organ alone. It will be performed in part by Czech National Symphony Orchestra guest artists –trumpeters Jiří Houdek and Marek Vajo as well as the organist Aleš Bárta. With the instruments alternating or mutually complementing each other, we’re confident that their joint performance will offer an exceptional experience to each and every visitor in attendance.
- Airs de Triomphe, for two Trumpets and 0rgan, Jean Philippe Rameau
- Choral Prelude „Wachet aut, ruft uns die Stimme, Johann Sebastian Bach
- Sonata G minor, Pavel Josef Vejvanovský
- Concerto for Trumpet in E flat major, Vincenzo Bellini
- Choral, Johann Sebastian Bach
- Concerto for 2 Trumpets, Francesco Manfredini
- Ouverture Intrada and Fugue in C major, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Ave Maria, Franz Schubert
- Concerto for 2 Trumpets in C major, Antonio Vivaldi
This concert will be dedicated to the native of Kutná Hora, Mrs. Věra Toužimská.